Thursday, July 12, 2018

Keeper Of The Stars


"It was no accident me finding you.  Someone had a hand in it long before we ever knew." Tracy Byrd

Oh my gosh why in the world did this song get stuck in my head?  It was played at my wedding 1997 and I still can't listen to the entire song.  It certainly wasn't an accident that I met him.  I mean he was leaning on a pole with his black cowboy hat on and I just walked right up and asked him to dance.  Yep, I surely did.  I'm sure the keeper of the stars thought I was crazy but it didn't stop me from falling cowboy boots, hat and big ole belt buckle for this bow-legged cowboy.  Ya'll wondering what this means?

He tipped that dang hat more times than I can count that night and his smile just made me think the keeper knew what he was doing when he put that cowboy in my sights.  Now at the time I thought he was the best thing this side of the Mississippi and it took me a whole bunch of years to figure it out that he was only the best thing yonder side of Buford.   I will give him credit though...on our wedding day he was the bomb dot com as my friend likes to say.  He looked like a million dollars in that tux and yes that black cowboy hat and boots.  The twinkley white lights made his smile shine like the one I saw when I first met him and all I could think was "cowboy take me away."  LOL

OK I was about to get on a man bashing roll but decided ya'll might not want to read that junk so instead I'm just going to make you laugh a little bit by quoting a  Dolly Pardon song that reminds me of the first time I saw him.   "Why'd you come in here lookin' like that in your cowboy boots and your painted-on jeans, all decked out like a cowgirl's dream.  Why you almost givin' me a heart attack when you waltz right in here lookin' like that."  Lord help me I bet he's still wearing those same "painted on jeans."

Lesson today?  I'm not sure I have one but let's just roll with it.  When old feelings start creeping up, don't dwell on it too long.  Think about it, feel the hurt, but don't feel it too long.  It might cause you to do something stupid and call the ex and we certainly don't want that.  So feel it, take a walk, see God's beauty and let it go.  Leave all those bad thoughts right outside your door, don't bring that stuff in, it ain't welcome in our house.  Now go ahead, lock that door, grab a glass of sweet tea and sleep tight.  And instead of a sad "Keeper of The Stars" song,  I'm sharing "Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That."   That'll make you smile.



  LOVE TO ALL,
   Sweet Southern Sass


1 comment:

  1. I can just see him standing there, looking mighty fine and taking your heart away....great story!

    ReplyDelete