Thursday, March 15, 2018

I Feel Like Hank Williams Tonight


"I play classical music when it rains, country when I am in pain.  I won't play Beethoven if the moods just not right.  I play jazz when I'm confused, country whenever I lose.  I feel like Hank Williams tonight."  Jerry Jeff Walker

Ok, these words just strike me funny as crap for a lot of reasons so this is a silly post that hopefully will make you laugh out loud or at least giggle a bit.  First off I ain't 'gonna be playing classical music when it rains and I won't be playing Beethoven any time, no matter what the mood.  I might play a little jazz if I'm confused but I would have to think about that because I'm not sure what that means, confused.  Guess I'm confused.  LOL

I had a friend once that said they were quitin' drinking.  I guess they only thought about it, 'cause they still drinking.  Still drinking and playing ole Merle's "Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink."   Still thinking about holding you tonight, don't care what I think, just sittin' and drinkin'.  I can promise they ain't playing Beethoven but they might be playing a whole lotta country as they walk to the window and stare at the clouds  "blowing up a storm."  On a good night for sure you can hear them playing some Hank Williams.

Maybe we should play some rock 'n roll.  Rock 'n roll when I'm feeling a little down and the world trying to close in, turn the radio way up high, makes me feel alright.  I mean who wouldn't feel good hearing Chuck Berry singing Johnny B Goode in the still of the night at the Heartbreak Hotel wondering if you will still love me tomorrow since I was born to be wild because that'll be the day Maybellene  will wake up little Susie.   HaHa, how many different songs can you name in that sentence?

Lesson today?  Ya'll already know this one for sure!!  Turn the radio up loud, find your favorite song, feel the rhythm and let it go. Let it go and dance it out.  Dance it out and feel good about yourself and definitely don't judge.  Come on, I will if you will.  I will just "do it"  'cause I feel like Hank Williams tonight.


    Love to all,
    Sweet Southern Sass













No comments:

Post a Comment