Friday, March 9, 2018

Chain Breaker


"If you've been walking the same old road for miles and miles.  If you've been hearing the same old voice tell the same old lies.  If you're trying to feel the same old holes inside, there's a better life."  Zach Williams

OK ya'll, this might be a little different than my typical sassy self.  We sung this song at church on Sunday and it hit me straight in the heart.  Yep, I've got one believe it or not.  Many times I've gone to church with such a burden on my heart and the song service lifted that burden I guess to prepare me for the sermon.  This Sunday was one of those days when I heard this song.

Many times I've asked myself why I do the things I do and why I keep walking the same old miles and listen to the same old crap from people that their opinion doesn't matter anyway.  Opinions that only make me feel less important or not good enough.  So hearing this song on Sunday morning made me realize that those feelings need to be gone and the way to that is to trust more in the chain breaker.  The chain breaker who can take away the pain of all those feelings that only me is allowing to happen.  The chain breaker who can take away the pain of those feelings that happen because of hurtful words and actions over the years.  The chain breaker that can give me the freedom of all these things that are from the past.  The pain taker that can take the pain so I can have that freedom of feeling good and happy!

Writing this right now, those feelings still try to creep up, but today those chains will not hold me down.  Today it's time to turn all those feelings over to the chain breaker.  My one-word for 2018 is FOCUS so today I'm going to focus on not letting things that I can't control make me unhappy.  I'm me, I'm unique and I beat to my own drum, so for those people that have said hurtful things and made me feel less than important get ready a change is coming.

Lesson today?  I'm simply going to quote parts of the song for this lesson.
If you got pain, if you feel lost, if you got chains, if you need freedom or saving give it to the chain breaker.  He's a way maker and there's a better life.  If you believe it, if you receive it, someone testify!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment