Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Most People Are Good

"I believe most people are good and most mama's outghta qualify for sainthood.  I believe most Friday nights look better under neon or stadium lights.  I believe you love who you love, ain't nothing you should ever be ashamed of.  I believe this world ain't half as bad as it looks.  I believe most people are good."  Luke Bryan
                                             
 Mama's for sainthood?  Heck yeah. My mama definitely qualifies for it!!  Both my parents are still living and they have been married almost 65 years, but my mama was the hand that ruled our house in more ways than one.  I'm not taking away from my daddy because we knew when he said something, we better get a move on.  But my mama was the one that kept the house running like a fine oiled machine.

Let me just paint ya'll a picture of why my mama is a saint.  Friday nights under the stadium lights?  Mama was there every time.  Not so much stadium lights but gymnasium lights.  All of us 7 kids played basketball in the gym except one and she needed to be a cheerleader.  LOL  I know, I shouldn't be so hard on her but us ball players never liked cheerleaders.   I know my mama wondered how in the world we could afford to play sports, but some how she always found a way.  I think she had the mindset as long as we were involved in sports we would stay out of trouble.  I can't speak for the others, but me?  that's exactly what I needed.  I was afraid of my basketball coach so I never missed curfew or did anything to jeopardize me playing ball.  Too bad that didn't carry into my adult life.  Guess I had too many playing ball so I made up for it after high school.  I doubt I ever made a curfew on time after that.

I totally wished kids could stay kids as long as they can.  I mean my baby boy will be 39 this year and I'm wondering where in the world did time go?  Seems like just yesterday I was the one under the stadium lights watching him play football and later baseball but for me it was more under the race track lights.  I believed like a lot of mama's I'm sure, that if kids are busy doing something they enjoy, more than likely they won't be in trouble.  I never missed a game my son played that I remember and I can't remember many go kart races I missed.   Of course I was the main "sponsor" for that go kart so I had to be there to support my investment.  But just so you know, I wouldn't have it any other way.  I loved watching him didn't matter what he was doing.

I 100% believe that the "streets of gold are worth the work, but I still wanna go even if they are paved in dirt."  I can't imagine not wanting to walk on the "streets of gold" but I would be just as happy if they were dirt as long as I'm walking through the pearly gates.  Yes, I'm not ashamed to write about this nor am I ashamed to write it out loud that I'm saved by the Grace of God and proud of it.  His work here on earth is never done and I hope that something I do helps someone else see that walking these streets, the work is worth it.

Lesson today?  Surround yourself with people who make you happy.  People who make you laugh, who help you when you're in need.  People who would never take advantage of you.  People who genuinely care.  They are the ones worth keeping in your life.  Everyone else is just passing through.  Appreciate the good people you know because they are hard to come by. Work hard for what you have and keep the faith in mankind.  There truly are good people and I truly believe this world ain't half as bad as it looks.  After all we know it's fake news.  LOL

                                           
   Love to all,
   Sweet Southern Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment