Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Life's About To Get Good

"I wasn't just broken, I was shattered.  I trusted you so much, you're all that mattered.  You no longer love me and I sang like a sad bird.  I couldn't move on and I think you were flattered."  Shania Twain


Lord have mercy, this is "about to get good."  LOL  I heard this song just now and oh my gosh so many thoughts and memories rushed through my head about my marriage and divorce.  I can laugh about so many things now that only made me cry when it happened.  My heart was broken but most importantly, my spirit was shattered.  I do not know for the life of me how my friends and family put up with me.  I was SO, SO sad and it almost broke me beyond repair.  But you know what they say...You can't keep a good woman down.

The longer the tears fell, the wider the river but I still held on to what might of been.  It killed me that things didn't get better, but it didn't,  so I had to figure out what to do next.  It took me a long time to get strong and move on, but with the help of my friends and family and MILLIONS of prayers by golly I had the will to walk away.  The will to walk away and not look back, the will to understand sometimes things just don't work, and the will to believe it was for the best.   It hurts to heal but I'm alive and I hold on to what I can feel.  I hold on to the memories that are good and I let go of all the hurt and the bad memories.  Sometimes the hurt creeps back in but I've learned with many hours of professional training as I call it, that you just have to feel it and leave it where it belongs, in the past.

Today's Lesson?  "Life's about to get good, oh life's about to get good."  If you find yourself in my situation, take a minute and think about it.  Take a minute and feel the hurt.  Take a minute and remember the memories that are good, but for goodness sake don't tarry on the bad ones.  Those are the ones that will keep you from moving on and give them the power and we don't want that.  We want to forgive and walk away with our head held high because we are strong.  Walk away because you're ready to be loved, loved the way you should.   Go ahead now, hold your head high, straighten your crown and sing with me.  "Oh, life's about to get good, life's about to get good.  yes, life's about to get good.

   Love to all,
  Sweet Southern Sass


No comments:

Post a Comment