Thursday, August 3, 2017

Unanswered Prayers

"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.  Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs that just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care.  Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."  Garth Brooks

Somehow my posts seem to always include "the man up above."  well this one ain't gonna be any different.  Think about the words of this song for a minute, have you ever wanted something so bad you couldn't think about anything else?  Of course we all have and I'm no different.  But when I read the first verse of this song and it's talking about an old flame, it takes me back a few years.  Well more like 30 years.  I had this "old flame", he was the one that I'd wanted for all times.  And each night I'd spend prayin' that God would make him mine.  If only he would grant me this wish I'd never ask for anything again.

First off, I'm sure God was laughing out loud when I said I'd never ask for anything again.  I'm sure he knew I was already thinking about the next thing I was going to ask for.  But hey, I thought that's what I'm suppose to do when  you want something so bad.   Thank goodness he knew that "old flame" wasn't what I needed and thankfully he did not answer that prayer I prayed so many times.  Unanswered prayers?  Maybe, maybe not but we didn't stay together and it's another time I'm glad God was in control and knew what was best.

Sometimes when I pray and I don't get the answer  right away, I am so quick to ask why?  Why Lord are you not answering my prayers?   Are they just hitting the ceiling and bouncing right back to the floor?  With this being said sometimes I don't understand but I've learned in my not so many years (LOL) that his way is God's way, not mine.

I can go on and on about what I think might have been unanswered prayers, but what I really think right here is that they were answered in the way God thought I needed, not my way.  Maybe I was asking for the wrong thing.  Maybe I was being selfish, thinking only of myself and not someone that needed prayer way more than me.  Maybe it wasn't God's time to give me what I wanted or maybe he knew something better was to come.  Either way, I'm glad I trust in the man above that he knows what's best.

Lesson today?  It's simple.  Yep, it's simple today.  If  you're fighting a battle of fear and you feel he's not listening, just hold on...He may be late but he's always on time.  I know, HE knows what he's doing and I know some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered...because he knows what he's doing.  All the time he knows what he is doing.



LOVE TO ALL,
Sweet Southern Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment