Friday, August 25, 2017

The Dance

"Looking back on the memory of the dance we shared beneath the stars above.  For a moment all the world was right.  How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye.  And now I'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end, the way it all would go.  Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain but I'd have to miss the dance." - Garth Brooks

Alright, alright, alright this might be funny because I got in the wedding pictures this weekend from my marriage to the CHB.  I'm sorry but I can't tell ya'll what this stands for, but the people that know me, know what it means.  Don't fret to much, so did HE!!!  LOL

Looking at these pictures made me laugh because when we got divorced I cut him out of most of them.  Keep in mind we had about 300 pictures made so that was a whole lotta cuttin' going on.  I think I found two of him still in the pictures and that was because I needed something to remember how handsome he looked that day.  Yep, I said it...he was handsome as he could be in that black western tux and black cowboy hat.  At that moment "all the world was right."

"Holding you I held everything.  For a moment wasn't I the king.  But if I'd only known how the king would fall.  Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all.  And now I'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end, the way it all would go."   I'm sure on this day he felt like the king.  I mean he was marrying me and I was a most beautiful bride.  I wonder if he knew how things would end if he would have changed anything.   Maybe I would have, but not on that wedding day because it was a beautiful day!

You always hear there are two sides of the story and of course, my story has two sides.  BUTT...since this is my story and he's "out of the picture" (get it) my side is all we will talk about.  I've been angry with him forever but around my birthday this year it was time to put that anger away.  We laughed, talked about old times and finally had closure to an unhappy ending. Yep, just like that, the cowboy rides away saying goodbye to yesterday.  The bottom line of the matter is it just didn't work and there is no reason to hold on to all that anger because it can make a heart cold and who wants a cold heart.  Not me!!!

Mr. Webster himself says left to chance means not trying to change the way something happens.  I guess that means if I'm to relate that meaning to the song I would say that this page in my life was better left to chance because being who I am, I would have tried to change the way it would end to miss the pain.  I would have missed the pain, but I  I would have missed the dance.  The dance full of fun and memories which are way better than the pain of it all.

Lesson today?   Marilyn  Monroe once said "I believe everything happens for a reason!  People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right.  Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together."   So go ahead...sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high.  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, live like you ain't afraid and most importantly...LET IT GO!!!!


  Love to all,
  Sweet Southern Sass




No comments:

Post a Comment