Thursday, August 10, 2017

3, 6, 9 The Goose Drank Wine

Three, six, nine the goose drank wine.  The monkey chewed tobacco on the street car line.  The line broke, the monkey got choked and they all went to heaven in a little rowboat.   Shirley Ellis

Are you laughing yet?  If you vision this poor monkey on a street car, chewing tobacco it's comical to say the least.  This song got stuck in my head on the way to work this morning.  Needless to say I googled it right up and thought...OK, let's make my sassy followers laugh.

I posted this song on a friends FB page several years back.  Keep in mind he was a lot younger than me and had never heard it.  He called me up and his exact words were "where the hell did you get that song."  LOL.  I said, you've never heard it before?  Of course not goofy girl, I'm not 60 years old.  Later that afternoon he called back to say that song had been stuck in his head ALL day and he couldn't quit singing it.  That's what he gets for making fun of me.

Clap, pat, clap your hand, pat it on your partner's hand, right hand.  Pat your partner's left palm.  Pat your partner's right palm with your right palm again.  Clap, slap, clap your hand, slap your thighs and sing a little song.  We sure are doing a lot of slapping & clapping but can't you just see a bunch of people jumping around, slapping hands and singing this song?  I can and I probably will when I read this out loud and listen to the song again.   No, I haven't officially lost my mind, just having a little fun today.

I am a little curious, if the monkey gets choked and the street car breaks, how is he going to heaven in a little rowboat?   All the pictures I see of heaven, it's in the sky, so if a rowboat needs water how is that going to happen?  OK ya'll I'm being silly today but maybe you will think about it and giggle a little bit.

Lesson today?  For sure I don't know but since this is a short, silly little post don't hold back! Get up, slap around, dance like no one is watching and let me know if you figure out how that monkey's getting to heaven in a rowboat.


LOVE TO ALL,
Sweet Southern Sass




No comments:

Post a Comment