Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Wine Into Water

"You've heard a multitude of prayers on my behalf.  I pray one more is not too much to ask.  I've tried to fight this battle by myself but it's a war that I can't win without your help."  T. Graham Brown

This one I promise will be some deep thoughts.  Luckily I've not struggled with a true addiction like alcohol  but I do have friends that have.   One particular lady I worked with years ago is who comes to mind right here.  She lost her family, her job and eventually her life.  For the life of me I couldn't figure it out.  She was the most "put together" lady I had ever met and could work circles around me, even on her worse day.  She did not drink when I first went to work with her but for whatever reason she became unhappy with her life and started.   She fought the battle by herself along with many of her friends, but she just couldn't win the war and eventually lost the the will to fight.

"So many times I've hurt the ones I love, I pushed them to the edge of giving up.  They've stood by me but how much can they stand if I don't put this bottle in your hands?"  Other friends have struggled with alcohol and others struggling with drug addiction have pushed their loved ones to the edge but we don't give up.  We don't give up praying God will take the need for whatever drug of choice it is and we don't give up loving them.  I've been called more times than I can think because a friend needed someone to talk to just because they were standing on the edge of giving up.  The worse thing a friend can do it give up on the hope that God will heal their addiction.

"I shook my fist at heaven for all the hell that I've been through.  Now I'm begging for forgiveness and a miracle from you 'cause tonight I'm as low as any man can go.  I'm down and I can't fall much further.  Now on my knees I'm turning to you Father could you help me turn the wine back into water?"  If you're fighting these demons and you're down as far as you can go, begging for forgiveness and a miracle, my prayer for you is God will hear your prayer and turn your wine into water.  I pray there is a friend that's been there for you more times than you can count, will hear your cry once again and run as fast as they can to be there for you.  I pray their hand of comfort can pull you from the edge of giving up and I pray God will turn your wine into water.

My lesson today?  Don't wait until the situation is really bad ~ reach out for help NOW!!!  If you have been thinking that you can handle it or it will get better and it hasn't.  Reach out TODAY before things become worse.  Call that friend that's always been there.  I would be willing to bet he/she would be there again because they love you.  Let them help you turn the wine to water.


    Love to all,
    Sweet Southern Sass


  


No comments:

Post a Comment