Friday, July 7, 2017

Life Ain't Always Beautiful

"Life ain't always beautiful.  Sometimes it's just plain hard.  Life can knock you down.  It can break your heart."  Gary Allen

How many times I have thought these exact words.  I can't think of any particular time right this minute, but I do believe that life ain't always beautiful and sometimes it's just plain hard.  I've been knocked down a time or two and my heart has been broken in a million pieces more than once.  But as the saying goes, you gotta put on your big girl panties and deal with it.  You can't let life knock you down and not get back up.   They say everything happens for a reason.  Well there have been things I've tried to figure out the reason and sometimes I can't figure it out so "what the hell", I just "let it go" and move on.  Yep, just sing the song with me now.  Let it go, let it go.  Yes you get it now.  Let it go...let it go...


"But the struggles make you stronger and the changes make you wise and happiness has it's own way of taking it's own sweet time."  I'm not 100% sure my struggles have made me stronger but I can say the changes that I had to make certainly made me wiser.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  LOL  and yes, Lord yes happiness has taken it's own sweet time arriving at my door, but praise the Lord it finally found me.  No, not because I found a boyfriend or husband or heck even a significant other, but simply because I chose to be happy.  Some days are harder, but being happy feels better to me than being sad.  


Some days I miss your smile, I get tired of walking all these lonely miles and I wish for just one minute that I could see your face.  Guess I can dream but life don't work that way.
What I would give to see my Aunt Dot, my friend Andrew and many more people that have already found their wings and left this world.  But life ain't always beautiful and God didn't give me a stairway to heaven for when I need to visit or a phone to call when I need to hear a familiar voice on the other end.  So I can keep walking these miles here on earth and one day I will see all my friends and family and Oh what a beautiful ride it will be.   

No, life ain't always beautiful but I know I'll be fine.  Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride.  What a beautiful ride.

Lesson today?  Life ain't always beautiful, but you can make it beautiful if you want.  Take the first step when you wake up in the morning and say, OK, today's going to be amazing.  Whatever other ridiculousness happened yesterday, well, that was then.  Today only happens once and by golly I declare it's going to be a good one.  And always remember:  "EVERY morning we are born again.  What we do today is what matters most."  So go ahead...Make it a beautiful day!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment