Thursday, June 8, 2017

Good people

"Sometimes it's hard to pray.  Sometimes it's hard to stay grateful.  It's painful, hurts so bad.  Sometimes it's hard to breathe.  Gets hard to keep goin'.  We keep holdin' on to what could have been."  Empire Cast

There certainly have been times in my life I wondered why me Lord?  Certainly there have been times when it was hard to pray and times when I wasn't very grateful.  Lord have mercy I have tried to hold on to things or people that I shouldn't have.  The first thing that comes to mind is my ex-husband, but I guess he doesn't count now since it took me a hundred years to finally let him go.   Yep, it seemed like a hundred years and yes I finally let him go.  I tried to blame it all on him, but we all know it takes two for a relationship to work or not work.  Now that he's out of the picture, my second thought is my clothes that I keep way, way too long.  Come on, you know you're guilty.  Holding on to those pants or that little black dress because you like it and you will wear it again one day.  I can see a "little black dress" in my closet right now I haven't worn since 1972 and I won't throw it away because it's my favorite and I just know I will wear it again.  OK, reality check...that dress is a size two so we all know wearing that dress will never happen.  But it sure is pretty hanging in my closet.

"Sometimes it's hard to pray.  I know sometimes it's hard to be patient."  Praying is not hard for me, I pray for everything and yes I say thank the man above every day.   But being patient on the other hand is a different story.  I do not have the patience of Job as described in the bible and I probably never will.  When I google the patience of job it says "the ability to remain patient and to do what you think you should do despite having many problems."  That may explain why I have no patience.  I react before I think and that reaction causes me a headache which makes me lose all thoughts of being patient which cause me MANY problems.  Maybe I just need to take a chill pill as they say and learn to let things happen on God's time and not Mine.  The song He's An On Time God says that Job said he may not come when you want him. But he'll be there right on time.  He's an on time God, yes he is, yes he is.

We all know "Life is easy when you're up on the mountain and you've got peace of mind like you've never known.  But things change when you're down in the valley.  Don't lose faith, for you're never alone.  For the God on the mountain is the God in the valley.  When things go wrong, he'll make them right and the God of the good times is still God in the bad times."

Lesson today?   It seems I'm always at a loss for a lesson but I think today I want you just to be grateful. Make a list of what you're grateful for.  I'm thinking if you make a list and you see it in color you might just realize how much there is to be grateful for, even when you think there isn't.  One more thing...for the love of Pete, throw out that dress you haven't worn since 1999.  Clear way for something new.  Something that will make you feel sassy!!



  Love to all,
  Sweet Southern Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment