Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Always Stay Humble & Kind

"Go to church 'cause your momma says to.  Visit grandpa every chance that you can.  It won't be a waste of time.  Always stay humble and kind."  Tim McGraw

Remember when we went to church 'cause momma "made" us?   Well those days are long gone.  I mean I am *** years old, and it's been a long time since momma came in my room,  and I quote..."If you gonna rip and romp all night, you gonna get up and go to church."  Let me just tell you, I didn't have to be told twice with that tone of voice.  I got my little skinny butt up and went to church.  I'm sure I didn't pay much attention because as I  have posted before I sat on the last row of the church.  I am so thankful my momma made me go to church and raised me to believe because now I don't have to be made to go, I go because I want too and because my week goes so much better when I get my spiritual healing on Sundays.   Such blessings flood my soul when the choir sings and the preacher steps on my toes.  Yes, you heard me.  He steps on my toes on just about any given Sunday, but that's how I know God is speaking to me.  That's how I know I'm not doing what I should be doing and God is letting me know about it.

Visit grandpa every chance that you can.  How I wish I could visit my grandpa again.  How I wish he would reach in those overall pockets and pull out a quarter, squirt us with the garden hose because we called him Grandpa, or see that little step he had walking through the house with a big ole smile.  Lord how I miss all this but one day "I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy.  And he'll match me step for step and I'll tell him how I missed him.  Every minute since he left, then I'll hug his neck." -  Brad Paisley

"Hold the door.  Say please, say thank you."  Don't take for granted the love this life gives you.  When you get where you're goin' don't forget, turn back around, help the next one in line.  Another how hard can this be?  When you get where you're going in life, don't forget the people who helped you, the ones who supported you even when things weren't good, the ones who maybe just gave you a word of encouragement, the ones who gave you a hug just because.  Stop a second, turn around and pay it forward.  Help the next one in line, smile at a stranger or here's your chance...open the door for someone that might need a little kindness to make their day.  So many times, we can be humble and kind and maybe make someone feel loved where they didn't feel it five minutes before.

Dear Lord, as I look around at those who share this life with me, help me to make time to spend with them - for encouragement, challenge and perhaps just plain conversation.  Go ahead, sit a spell, take your shoes off and remember...always be humble and kind.


 Love to all,
 Sweet Southern Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment