Sunday, April 9, 2017

I Hope You Dance

"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder.  May you never take one single breath for granted.  GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed.  I hope you feel small when you stand beside the ocean.  Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens.  Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance.  And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...I hope you dance."  LeeAnn Womack

So this song was played at my son's wedding for the mother/son dance.  Lord have mercy, help my soul I cried like a baby the entire song.  I thought surely I could make it on that day, I mean after I all I had listen to a million songs to find the perfect one.  The problem you ask?  Well I couldn't ever listen to the whole song because I would start crying.  Yes, yes I know.  I knew it was going to happen so I just let the flood gates open and let the tears fall.  Well he is my only child and yes he was an adult but letting go was harder than I thought.   Dancing this song I could see him standing so small beside the ocean.  So small it made me think I shouldn't have taken a single breath for granted, because I blinked and he was grown.  "Don't blink, you just might miss your babies growing like mine did." Kenny Chesney

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance.  Now this one might be the hardest one to relate too but not really if I stop a minute.  When times are hard, you experience a tragedy or lose a love one , these are the times to give faith a fighting chance.  I've had tough times, tragedy in my life, lost loved ones and love has left me empty handed.  Yes, of course I ask why, but when I took the time to grab hold of the situation, there is only one answer and that's my faith.  Faith in the higher power, way bigger than me, who will give me the peace and understanding of why things happen.  Faith to understand things might not be exactly what I want, but I'm sure God knows what he's doing and he has a bigger plan for me and whatever his plans are it will be on his time, not mine.

My lesson today?  If you get the choice to sit it out or dance.  I want you to dance.  Dance like no one is watching, dance it out like Dr. McDreamy and Meredith.  Make you house full of dance, laughter and most importantly love.  so now..."Shut up! Dance it out!  Dancing makes you brave."  Cristina Yang

  Love to all!!
  Sweet Southern Sass


 


No comments:

Post a Comment