Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Simple Man

"Mama told me when I was young.  Come sit beside me, my only son.  And listen closely to what I have to say."  Lynyrd Skynyrd

OK ya'll, how many of you have always listened to what you "mama has to say."  Certainly not me.  I was always my mama's rebellious child.  If she told me to be home by 12:00 I was going to be 12:05 come hell or high water.  Looking back I don't think it was intentional.  I just think it was my nature to not pay attention to the time until I was already late.  Well mama, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

"Troubles will come and they will pass."  Oh my how true is this.  I've had my share of troubles, some because of my choices and some because that's just the way life goes.  We all know some pain in life are unavoidable and some are just bound to happen.  Maybe God gave me those troubles to see how I would handle them, but I like to think it was to make me stronger.  We cannot control what happens to us, but we can control our attitude toward what happens to us.  So the next time life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it.

"And don't forget son, there is someone up above."  This truly is what my mama would say to me.  I was raised to believe in God above and certainly have been blessed beyond measure because of the man above.  I believe there is someone up above, someone up above that has for sure kept me save in his arms.  You ask how I know that.  I know because I've been a little crazy in my lifetime and know that because of the man above, I'm still here to tell about it.  That is of course if I thought it necessary to tell.  Right now I think I'll just keep it between me and the man up above.  More importantly I know first hand the power from the man up above.  The power that healed a love one, the power that saved a lost friend and the power of a miracle when my niece was born less than two pound and now she's six years old.  That my friends can only be explained because of the man up above.

"Forget your lust for the rich man's gold.  All that you need is in your soul."   We don't need a rich man's gold.  The simple things in life can be FREE and right in front of us.  It might be a walk in the woods, a smile across the room, or in my case a wink across the room.  It might be riding down the road with the windows rolled down, listening to the radio thinking the person singing should learn the words to their song.   It might be me that doesn't know the words but oh well I'm living life in the fast lane, my hair blowing in the wind, loving the simple things.  Sometimes we look in the wrong places for happiness, love and satisfaction.  Sometimes we fail, but we must know in our soul that everything we ever need is out there.  We just have to grab life by the horns and go for it.

My lesson today?  Who knows, right?  Since I'm not sure again the lesson, do what I would do...roll the windows down, take a ride down the dirt road, let your hair blow in the wind and be a simple kind of man. (woman)  Be something you love and understand.  Be a simple kind of man. (woman)

"Stay low, stay quiet, keep it simple, don't expect to much, and enjoy what you have." - Dean Koontz

Lynyrd Skynyrd couldn't be here today, so my nephew is helping me out. LOL

Love to all...
Sweet Southern Sass 

No comments:

Post a Comment