Wednesday, March 8, 2017

It's My Birthday!  (Well Almost)


Sunday will be my birthday so of course I've been thinking about it.  I had a friend years ago that you NEVER asked her age.  I knew her many years and didn't know how old she was until she passed away.  When the preacher told her age, I thought Oh Lord help us, I hope she doesn't know this is being said to everyone in attendance.   

I saw a post this morning that said I'm 25 plus shipping and handling.  That made me laugh so I decided if that's the case I'm 30 times two plus shipping and handling and return shipping.  Now I bet you're trying to figure that one out so let me explain it. 

 I really don't mind telling my age because I'm glad to make it to be 63 years young on Sunday, March 12.    I have made plenty mistakes getting to this young age, some I've learned from and some I keep repeating.  Evidently I think the more times I do it the better it will be.  I'm guessing the only thing that makes it better is I'm mastering the mistake.  Lord have mercy if my mama is reading this she's thinking Bless her heart, will she ever learn.  Probably not mama, but you tried. 

I have said many times there isn't much I regret during my lifetime.  Why waste time thinking about regrets, there isn't anything I can do about them anyway.  So I say, live life like there's no tomorrow, eat your favorite meal like it's your last meal and laugh 'til your belly hurts.  Don't worry about telling your age, be glad you're still here on this crazy earth and if you're doing it right, you're enjoying it.

Not sure if there is a lesson in this blog so if you find one, let me know what it is.  Since it's my birthday and I get a wish, my wish for ya'll...don't get stuck in your ways and routines, don't coast through life, live your life to the fullest, enjoy the little things in life so that when you look back you you have no regrets.    Louis E. Boone says the saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions:  could have, might have, and should have.  That doesn't sound like fun to me, so go ahead, enjoy your life with no could haves, might haves and should haves.    After all, you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~  Mae West

Love to all!!!
Sweet Southern Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment