Monday, March 13, 2017

FRIENDS LONG TIME


Friends will come and go in our lives, but more important than how long a friendship lasts, is that a good friend will last forever. "Each friend represent a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting a new world is born."  Anais Nin

My high school friends planned a birthday party for me on Saturday night,  These ladies are my friends long time because I've know them since high school which we will be graduated from 45 years in June.  That's a long time to know someone and still be in touch and able to celebrate my birthday. I love these ladies and hope we continue to celebrate our birthdays years to come.  I'm certain it will be one that will last forever.  I mean 45 years is just about forever, right?

Then there are my BFF's.  There are four of us that have been best friends almost 40 years.  Again that's long time friends.  These three ladies know so much about me, I can't afford to ever be mad at them.   Several years ago two more ladies joined our group which completed this circle of friends we now call the BIRDS.  I bet you're thinking what in the world can the birds be about?  I will try and explain but I doubt there is enough room in one post.  It's just about spending time together, being there for each other and just plain ole loving each other.  Everyone is so busy it's hard to get us all together sometimes, but rarely do we plan an evening together we aren't all there.   These dinner's are fun but the time I enjoy most are when we have a weekend together.  Those times we solve all the problems of the world, we laugh and sometimes we have tears.  Whatever we're doing I can promise you there are tales being told, food to be eaten and not much sleep.  Those days we may wake up for breakfast and still be sitting at the table when it's time for dinner.  These are my most favorite.

Sometimes, not all friendships will stand the test of time.  I do believe people come in and out of our worlds because we need to learn something from them and they learn from us. Just because the friendship didn't last doesn't make their footprint on our life any less important.  One friend in particular came into my life when I was feeling most unlovable.   That friend isn't in my life now, other than a text or phone call occasionally,  but at the time he showed me that I was special and lovable and I taught him how to enjoy life and how to laugh more.  For that friendship I am very thankful.   

  "Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." Oprah Winfrey

 I have the kind of friends that will ride in the limo, take the bus or heck walk if we need too.  There may be a couple, I hope it's not too hot or too cold, because walking wouldn't be an option (they don't like to sweat)  but I'm sure they have Uber in their phone.   Then there are my partners in crime and the Thelma to my Louise who always want to drive and has a full tank of gas for a road trip.  Ya'll know who you are too.   

Real friends are hard to come by, so if you're lucky enough to have friends like I do, treat them well.  Make time for them, and if you haven't talked in a while, make a call or send a text.  I firmly believe to be a friend, you have to be one. 


    Love to all!!!
    Sweet Southern Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment